HiR cell technology
Highest cell efficiency and lifetime thanks to 0% PID & LID
The new proprietary cell technology
HiR (pronounced like the word «higher») is a proprietary cell technology from Megasol. HiR is based on n-type wafers, which for decades have proven to be the highest quality and most stable technology. The n-type HiR technology combines charge carrier selective contacts, so-called ultra-thin tunnel oxides (SiO2), with a sophisticated multi-stack metallization and a multi-level anti-reflective coating.
Better economic profitability and higher project yields
- n-type HiR modules have a very high power output combined with very compact dimensions. More yield per roof area leads to higher economic efficiency and better project yields.
- An optimal thermal coefficient and better low-light performance lead to more yield per kWp.
All HiR modules are bifacial and have a significantly
higher bifaciality factor compared to conventional bifacial solar modules (over 90% instead of 70-75%).
- Considerably lower proportion of grey energy
How it works: simply explained
The ultra-thin tunnel oxide layer reduces recombination losses and thus significantly increases efficiency. The very fine front and rear contact grids guarantee ideal electrical current absorption capability with good solderability and conductivity thanks to their layers that have each been optimised for their respective characteristics. Thanks to the anti-reflective coating, which is not only classically single-layered but multi-layered, the reflection losses on the cell surface are minimised. At the same time, the cell surface appears darker (black), which makes it even more attractive for projects with high aesthetic requirements.
Longer service life and longer warranty periods
- Glass-glass modules are extremely durable and come with a 15-year Swiss product warranty and a 30-year linear performance warranty.
- Best wattage prices per warranty year